Palm Harbor homes are a convenient and affordable alternative to traditional construction, built to stringent factory standards, assembled quickly and easy to customize. For homeowners seeking to make Palm Harbor homes uniquely their own, there are many options from which to choose, from cabinets to flooring to paint colors. One of the most impactful ways you can customize your home, however, is by landscaping in a way that expresses your personality. By beautifying the area around your home, you’ll increase its curb appeal while creating an inviting space for your family and friends.
- Gardens can beautify your home, no matter where you live. Raised garden beds can add interest, whether they’re full of lush greenery or colorful flowers. If you live in one of the Palm Harbor homes in the Southwest, consider a cactus garden, with many varieties of desert plants surrounded by colored gravel. You can even use pieces of broken pottery to vary the bedding material and contribute interesting patterns.
- Lawns, especially front lawns, are often underutilized. Consider how your family can use your lawn and create a space that will suit your needs. Whether you have a large or small yard, you can use a combination of plants, furniture, paving stones, and accents to create an oasis that will make you want to stay outside.
- Ponds and other water sources can add an interesting element to your garden. Whether you choose a Koi pond with colorful fish, or a soothing, bubbling fountain, water accents delight the eye and ear.
- Bushes are a great option for covering parts of your home that aren’t as attractive as you’d like. You can plant bushes in groups, or stagger them in a visually interesting pattern. Pick a style: a cottage look with flowering bushes and climbing vines; a formal look with symmetrical design and tidy grooming; a lush, tropical look; or a style all your own. Whichever style you choose, carry the theme throughout your landscaping. Choose your shrubbery carefully, because if you make the common mistake of underestimating the size of the adult plant, you may end up with a bush that needs constant pruning to prevent it from blocking light through your windows.
- Consider the native flora when planting flowerbeds. Using flowers indigenous to your area will ensure that you don’t have to work too hard to keep them alive. You’ll also save on watering, because these plants are suited to the local climate.
- Lawn art can be a tasteful way to create visual focal points. Consider a trellis, a gazing ball, or a statue, to make your lawn stand out from the crowd. The right pathways and lighting can also greatly improve the aesthetic appeal of your yard.
No matter how their lawns are landscaped, Palm Harbor manufactured homes and modular homes are always beautiful and affordable. That’s because, for more than three decades, Palm Harbor Homes has prioritized customer satisfaction, quality construction, and innovative design. For more information on building on your land, manufactured homes and modular homes, contact us at PalmHarbor.com, or join us on our social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube.