Meet Our People: MIT
Meet Michael Lombard - MIT
Michael Lombard Corporate Lean Manager Addison, TX
- My Role:
- Corporate Lean Manager; Corporate Office- Addison, TX
- My Time:
- 5 years
- My Career:
- I was hired out of college as a Manager-In-Training (MIT) at our Florida division. I spent two years as an MIT performing several roles (production supervisor, hiring coordinator, field construction scheduling, etc.). I was then promoted to Personal Construction Manager (PCM) for our field construction department. After one year in this role, I was promoted to Continuous Improvement Manager for our Florida division. I spent one year in this role before being promoted to Corporate Lean Manager for our Manufacturing Division. I have been in this role since April of 2007.
- My Contribution:
- In my current position, I am responsible for promoting our Lean initiative across our Manufacturing Division. Lean is a business approach that seeks to streamline processes through continuous improvement. To promote Lean, I support each of our manufacturing divisions by developing training, benchmarking their operations against world-class companies, assisting with improvement projects, and facilitating information-sharing between divisions.
- My Advice:
- At PHH, ample opportunity exists to make a difference. Every employee is given the tools and encouragement necessary to improve the company and themselves. However, with this empowerment comes a lot of responsibility; each of us is required to do whatever is necessary to satisfy our customers. PHH views each associate as an owner, and expects he or she to act accordingly at all times.
- My Opportunity:
- I joined PHH because I saw the opportunity to gain management experience and advance myself quickly, much quicker than at most companies.
- My Motivation:
- I stay at PHH because I feel that they care about my future. PHH has always been committed to helping me achieve my professional goals, and at times has gone way above and beyond what other companies would do.
- My Hobbies:
- I watch a lot of football, both college and pros. I also read a lot, mostly non-fiction books and online publications. Going on road trips is one of my favorite pastimes, especially if it involves being out in nature (boating, hiking, camping, etc.). I’m also an occasional connoisseur of craft beers.