Your Home's Personal Construction Manager
You'll move in with confidence, knowing you're backed by a 5-year protection plan and a commitment to complete customer satisfaction from the best company in the industry: Palm Harbor Homes.
With Palm Harbor Homes, 80% of the construction of your new home takes place in an environmentally controlled building facility. This facility includes efficient building systems, premium components, skilled craftsmanship and constant quality inspections. The remaining 20% of your home's construction is completed at your home site. This final construction phase holds nearly as many challenges as the initial home construction.
To facilitate the final construction phase, we have experienced Personal Construction Managers (PCM) to work with you in many regions to handle your complex on-site construction needs. Your PCM makes sure the final phases of construction are on time, on budget and in compliance with the Palm Harbor commitment to complete customer satisfaction.
Here's how your personal construction manager works for you:
1 Home Site Inspection.
The initial site inspection provides an opportunity to meet with your PCM. You'll work together to plan the best strategy for building your new home. After meeting for the initial site inspection, your PCM accepts bids from a list of approved construction teams to secure the most efficient, cost-effective contractors for the job. This guarantees each worker on your site is properly licensed and insured to protect you from any unwarranted insurance claims if a worker is injured on your home site. Your PCM protects your interests every step of the way.
2 Site Preparations, Permits and Foundations.
Your PCM immediately puts his or her extensive local construction experience to work pulling the many required permits for your home site construction. As construction gets underway, your PCM manages the process for structural integrity and code compliance. He or she also manages the endless stream of required local inspectors throughout the on-site construction phase. Using his or her extensive local code knowledge, your PCM makes sure every element of your home meets or exceeds code requirements. He or she also makes sure everyone involved in the building process meets state building codes, even in unincorporated areas. Your PCM is a thorough, professional construction expert.
3 Home Installation.
Once your home's foundation is complete and the home is delivered to the home site, your PCM supervises the process of securing your home to its foundation. Palm Harbor's Gold Key Care technicians finish out the interior of the home to model center specifications. Once again, your PCM makes sure your home surpasses all required regulations. Your PCM also schedules and inspects utility connections for strict code compliance in preparation for inspection by local building authorities.
4 Exterior Amenities and Move In.
Once construction is complete, the exterior amenities you have selected are finished under the watchful eye of your PCM. This includes any garage, deck, sidewalks and landscaping you have purchased with your new home.
Your PCM works diligently through these final details with carefully selected licensed and insured contractors to make sure your dream home meets your expectations, as well as local and state building code requirements.
Once you receive your certificate of occupancy, the move into your new dream home begins. You'll move in with confidence, knowing you're backed by a 5-year protection plan and a commitment to complete customer satisfaction from the best company in the industry: Palm Harbor Homes.