If you’re going to build a manufactured home, you’ll want to place it in the best site available. Urban or rural, creative or collegiate, whatever your preference for living situation and whichever stage of life, you can probably find your perfect spot in Texas. What’s so great about the Lone Star State? The answers are as varied as the people who live there. Texas continues to rise in popularity for a number of reasons: a cost of living that, according to Sperling’s Best Places, is over 11 percent below the national average; natural wonders that make outdoor recreation irresistible; sporting events for every taste; and abundant cultural, educational, and business opportunities. Where’s the best place in Texas to build your manufactured home? It depends on whom you ask.
To narrow your search, consider what kind of area you’d like for your manufactured home:
- Is the school district a priority?
- Do you want to be close to freeway access?
- Would you prefer to build your manufactured home in an urban environment or amid the freedom and privacy of a more rural setting?
Once you’ve taken your own preferences into consideration, there are so many wonderful cities in Texas that even the experts have trouble deciding which one is best!
- According to USA Today, McKinney weighs in at No. 1 in Texas! With an unemployment rate that’s about 3 percent below the national average, this populous town also has affordable housing and a downtown that CNN Money deems “charming.” Its suburban communities have plenty of green space for recreation, and the population growth has not outpaced the construction of hospitals and schools. Palm Harbor has stores nearby in Denton and Mesquite.
- Kiplinger calls Austin “the best city for the next decade.” This designation is based on three things: the intelligence of the people, the quality of ideas, and the level of collaboration between city government, universities, and businesses. A creative city with a communal sensibility, Austin also nurtures entrepreneurs and has a thriving business climate. If you are looking for a manufactured home in this beautiful area, check out Round Rock, Austin and Buda.
- It should be noted that the survey that placed McKinney in the top spot also found much to love about Dallas-Fort Worth. Eleven of the 20 best places listed are suburbs of this metro area, which isn’t surprising, since the area has a high median income level, and its residents tend to be well educated.
- Houston also made the USA Today list, and Forbes Magazine ranked it in the No. 1 slot on its 2010 list of “America’s Best Cities for Young Professionals.” Since many large companies are based in the area, and the city is affordable, with above average incomes, it isn’t hard to see why it would be a great place for up-and-coming young job hunters to settle. For great service and a great manufactured home, visit Palm Harbor on Gulf Freeway.
No matter what kind of lifestyle you’re seeking, Texas has the perfect spot for you. And Palm Harbor Homes has a manufactured home to meet your needs, with customizable floor plans and design options to help you make it truly your own. For more information on building on your land, manufactured homes, and modular homes, contact us at PalmHarbor.com, or join us on our social networks: Facebook, Twitter, and, YouTube.