When you buy a modular home, you can be confident knowing that Palm Harbor Homes has exuded superior quality and craftsmanship in every construction project for the past 35 years. If you’re not sure what to build on your lot, consider the benefits you can enjoy if you buy a modular home.
What is a Modular Home?
In short, a modular home is built to local codes in an environmentally controlled building center. Then the finished “modules” are transported to the construction site for final assembly on the foundation. Precise and efficient construction characterizes modular homes, the fastest-growing segment in the home building industry. Since they are built off-site and must be able to withstand transportation and, often, being crane-lifted into place, modular homes have incredible strength and durability, often outshining site-built homes.
Why Should You Buy a Modular Home?
The most significant differences between buying a modular home and a site-built home include:
- Price: Because of the accelerated building cycle, material efficiency, and limited waste, modular homes cost 15 to 20 percent less than comparable site-built homes.
- Time: Due to the elimination of weather-related construction delays in the building-center and no sub-contractor schedule conflicts or delays, modular homes are completed in a fraction of the time it would take a custom builder to finish out a home on your lot.
- Strength: Modular homes are built with greater strength and structural integrity, to withstand the rigors of transportation to the homesite. The additional materials and fastenings required for this add strength and durability to our homes.
- More energy efficient: Increased building materials and energy conscious design and construction practices result in lower utility bills for our modular homes.
The biggest differences between buying a modular home and a manufactured home include:
- Customizability: Modular homes provide more architectural design freedom, which means the flexibility to change architectural features to meet your specific needs – such as moving doorways and adding windows, second stories and garages.
- Price: Modular homes may cost slightly more than manufactured homes, but they provide the opportunity for higher appraisal rates as well.
- Fewer placement restrictions: Since they are built to local building codes, modular homes can be installed almost anywhere.
Examples of Modular Homes from Palm Harbor Homes
Palm Harbor offers over 500 floor plans, and many of them can be built as either manufactured or modular homes. With the modular option, it’s easy and convenient to explore architectural customization options as you assemble your perfect dream home from Palm Harbor Homes. Take a look at the Floor Plans and Gallery of Homes as you prepare to buy a modular home for your empty lot.
Buy a modular home and enjoy all the comforts and benefits that accompany it. With over 500 floor plans to choose from, Palm Harbor Homes has the perfect home design to help you live more comfortably. So, what are you waiting for? Find a Model Center near you today! You can also visit us online at Facebook, YouTube, Twitter or Pinterest.