Palm Harbor's EnerGmiser® System
Invest in a money saving, better built home.
Palm Harbor’s exclusive EnerGmiser® system is available on every Palm Harbor home. We build our homes with improved construction and additional thermal sealing, reducing your utility costs even after your new home is paid for. This energy savings substantially reduces the cost of owning a Palm Harbor manufactured home. It puts green back in your pocket.
Owning a home without our EnerGmiser® System could cost you $24,998 more in utility expenses before your home is paid for.
EnerGmiser® Energy Management Package
Palm Harbor’s exclusive EnerGmiser® package can lower your utility costs by approximately 30%*.
- Insulated, Sealed Airtight Ducts –Tested for expensive leakage using state-of-the-art duct blaster equipment. Sealed ducts prevent insulation and structural damage from condensation.
- Graduated Air Delivery System – Provides balanced air flow and comfort from room to room in your new home.
- High Performance Air Return – Prevents pressure differences that allow outside airflow into your home. This also ensures even distribution of conditioned air. No "hot spots."
- Builder-Installed Seals – Installed along building sections to significantly slow the inflow of untreated air and water vapor. Caulking all openings such as windows, electrical outlets, doors and plumbing makes your home more comfortable and water resistant.
- Optimally-sized for High Efficiency Air Conditioner – Provides for greater comfort, lower installation and maintenance costs and continued savings every month because your home is equipped with correctly sized systems.
EnerGmiser® Plus Energy Management Package
Our EnerGmiser® Plus package includes all of the features in the basic package and adds these important options.
- Dual Pane Low-E Windows – Reflect up to 70% of the sun’s radiant heat and its harmful Ultraviolet rays. They also help retain heat in the home during the winter. This significantly reduces the cost of heating and cooling your home.
- Radiant Barrier Roof Sheathing – Reflects up to 97% of the sun’s radiant heat, lowering attic temperatures and improving your home’s energy efficiency. It increases indoor comfort while reducing energy consumption and costs to cool your home.
We build GREEN and can help you with certification for various green building programs - LEEDS, NAHB, Earth Advantage and others.
Other Available Green Options
We can build our homes to meet the construction requirements for certification with ENERGY STAR, LEED, NAHB and most other local and national green-built programs. All final certifications must be provided locally by properly authorized third-party agencies.
Check with your local housing consultant for a complete list of all the green options available in your area such as these:
- ENERGY STAR Appliances
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Dual Flush Commodes
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) Paints
- Green Floor Coverings
- Low-flow Faucet Aerators and Showerheads
Palm Harbor's Energy Conservation Honors
The ENERGY STAR® Homes Program Awards
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)’s ENERGY STAR® Homes Program Award Winner in 1997, 1998 and 2005
The EnergyValue Housing Award
First factory-built home builder named Gold Award Winner of the U.S. Department of Energy’s EnergyValue Housing Award for best practices in energy efficient home construction
The ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Award
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)’s ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Award in 2007
Our ENERGY STAR® Programs
Click here to learn more about our ENERGY STAR® building programs and awards.
* When compared to homes built to the 1993 standard energy code.